As I’ve grown older I’ve noticed that I have a bit of cellulite on my thighs, butt, and stomach. I’ve always known it was coming, so I used skin firming lotions but lately I’ve had to find better solutions. Having cellulite doesn’t mean you are overweight, but if you are overweight, then losing weight could help you lose some cellulite. Cellulite isn’t harmful, but some prefer to get rid of it because of the way it looks.
Since cellulite is just below the skin, it means that there are some easy changes to your lifestyle that you can make to make the cellulite less visible or even disappear. Cellulite sounds like a medical condition but it is just normal fat under the skin. The fat pushes against connective tissue which causes the skin to pucker and appear bumpy.
Some reasons you might have cellulite could be: poor diet, slow metabolism, lack of physical activity, hormone changes, dehydration, your total body fat, and the thickness and color of your skin. Since cellulite tends to be less noticeable on darker skin, you may way to apply self-tanner to make the bumps and dimples less noticeable.
- Cellulite forms is places with the least circulation. Exercise is your best friend here, and be consistent with it. The best kinds of exercises for better blood flow are running, swimming, and brisk walking. Any exercise will help your overall health and your skin appearance, not just your cellulite especially if you work an office job. It is important to take breaks and walk around to get your blood moving.
- Body brushing. Dry body brushing helps shed dead skin cells and helps new cell renewal. This is beneficial for a number of reasons, smoother and brighter skin, help with ingrown hairs, and improves vascular blood circulation, which is very important if you really want to get rid of your cellulite. You can dry brush anytime you want, but it’s ideal if you dry brush in the morning before your shower. Make sure to use long, upward strokes toward your heart. For more information on dry brushing you can visit http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/dirt-dry-brushing
- A coffee scrub or caffeine cream may also be beneficial. Caffeine can increase blood flow combined with massaging it into your trouble areas will benefit you the most.
- Your diet may also need some work. Try to cut down on refined and processed foods and artificial foods that contain sweeteners, additives, and chemicals. Eat whole foods, make food rather than eating out, when you can.
- The most important thing is to hydrate. Drink lots of water throughout the day if possible.
Cellulite is just cellulite. It doesn’t mean that you’re unhealthy or even overweight, but it can cause us to be self-conscious. Remember that it is your body and you should live your happiest and healthiest life. Come visit Kika Skin Care for facials and sugaring in San Diego.